Thursday, October 6, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WOULD HURT THIS BAD 10-6-2016


I didn't think it would hurt this bad.  I kept telling myself, all day, that  it was great no matter what happens, it  doesn't matter we didn't think the Mets would get this far and here we are in the wild card game . But then like any other game as it progressed you wanted to win and it was a game for the ages.  With Bumgarner throwing up zeros, Syndergaard pitching his heart out , to Terry Collins making every correct move (though I did scratch my head over pinch hitting  Eric Campbell for James Loney). Then there was the ninth.

I didn't think it would hurt this bad.  It happened so suddenly like a punch to the stomach.  Sure, the Giants had loaded the bases in the ninth, but you had the feeling Reed would get out of it. When Familia came in to start the ninth , I had an uneasy feeling.  I got a lot of angry emails earlier in the year when I suggested that Familia reminded me of Armando Benitez, you know, gaudy numbers but disappears in crunch time.  That's the feeling I had and when  Crawford led off with a double, well...........

I didn't think it would hurt this bad. After a  and a one-out walk to Joe Panik , I felt worse, here it goes slipping away , I just don't trust Familia, and then Conor Gillaspie,  hits Familia's 1-1 sinker deep over the right-center field fence to give the Giants a 3-0 lead.


I didn't think it would hurt this bad, after the season of injuries and offensive highs and lows, I felt lucky to be in the race and in the wild card game.  I know overall it was a great season, one that we will probably look back back on fondly, but I didn't think it would hurt this bad,  but it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment